Monday, December 8, 2008

Chappelle

I was driving home on Friday night thinking about things I can post on this blog that I thought were interesting. Then I remembered an episode of Inside the Actors Studio that I saw with Dave Chappelle as the guest. I was blown away with the depth and wisdom of the man. Both his parents are college professors, so, he can hold his own with an intellectual argument. Most artists get a 45 minute show. Dave's was twice that.

Then i was flipping the channels on Saturday morning looking for something interesting, and the Actor's Studio was on. I thought it ironic since I was just thinking about the show the night before. I turn it on and it is the 200th episode of the show and they've decided to celebrate it by making the host, James Lipton, the guest and having him be interviewed by, guess who... Dave Chappelle.

So, that should tell you, if you don't want to take my word for it, what an amazing person they think Dave is. Of all the great actors and actresses that have graced that stage, to ask him to do that show. Also, Pace University, which hosts the Actors Studio, created a scholarship for students at the Duke Ellington School of the Arts in DC where Dave went to school. They named the scholarship after him.

So, when you get a free 90 minutes, take the time to watch this. You won't be disappointed:

No comments: