Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bill Burr



I discovered Bill Burr about two months ago on Comedy Central. I recorded the hour long special, Why Do I Do This, to my DVR and I haven't been able to bring myself to delete it yet. In the last eight weeks I've probably turned it on twice a week whenever I need a chuckle. I sent a message to everyone I know who I thought might appreciate his stuff, and some of them have become big fans as well. I thought he deserved special mention here.

its tough to say why certain people are funny, since different things hit people different ways. I appreciate his style because he has a great way of saying all the things that I think that don't have a place in regular conversation. He's also unafraid to tell race jokes. Most white comics won't go there, but Bill does, and he gets many kudos from me for it.

A Sample:




Bill Burr With David Letterman Jun 2007 - video powered by Metacafe

No comments: