Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Watchmen



By now you've certainly seen the trailers for Watchmen. I've got to say, I'm pretty excited about this one. Before I saw any trailers for I read about in in EW. The concept is very interesting: Its the superhero tale told in a cultural context. All of them are generally told in a fake universe. In this one Nixon is president and we're still at odds with the Russians. I bought a copy of the novel since its considered the standard for great graphic novel writing, I figured it might be worth a look. Time named it to their "100 great novels of all time" list.

The story explores the question:''What if superheroes really existed? How would they really think? And how would they really affect the world?'' according to one of the creators.

Check it out.

No comments: