Saturday, May 23, 2009

Adam Rises Again....



Maybe losing wasn't all that bad:

"American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert's performance with rock band Queen on the finale of the TV singing contest this week has the British band thinking about a new front man.

"Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk," Queen guitarist Brian May told Rolling Stone in an interview released on Friday.

"But and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with at some point. It's not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn't that easy. But I'd certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there," May told the magazine in an e-mail exchange.

Speaking separately, Lambert also reached out to May.


How bad would that be? I've said for a few weeks now that Adam's talents would be best served fronting a metal band. This would be a win for both parties, he gets instant credibility, they get back in the spotlight.

Although a fan of the show for years, no Idol contestant has ever gotten a dime from me. But if these guys are doing a show near my hometown, I'm there....

No comments: